Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my poor little Power Puff to New York City last weekend. This was my first road trip since purchasing my 06 MT Insight.
Just as I arrived at the Lincoln Tunnel, the check engine light came on.
No it was not from an incorrect tighten of the gas cap. I had filled up in Central PA and carefully turned the cap three times around. I drove almost 250 miles before the light came on. I had hit a rough pothole a couple of minutes before the light came on.
The light did go out on the return trip from NYC, but was on again the next morning...so off to the Honda dealer for a service check.
The prognosis was as follows:
Retrieved P2610 powertrain control module Ignition off internal timer performance problem. Cleared code and tested system. System found normal at this time. Intermittant failure. Code check engine light 28 MA.
So... does this sound like an OK fix. Basically turn off the light and then see what happens??? :?
On the good side I averaged 63 mpg on rather mountainous roads (I-80) and some NYC driving.

·
Registered
92 Posts
On a long drive to Palm Springs I had the CEL come on in my 4 day old Insight. Mine stayed on though. Same code: P2610.
The dealer elected to change the computer since they couldn't find anything obviously wrong elsewhere. That was a couple weeks ago, everything has been fine since. But I have not gone on any long road trips yet either.

The older thread on this:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... 28&start=0

1 - 2 of 2 Posts