Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a newbie in cars world, so I have a question regarding my Honda Insight 2011.

When I change the gear from P to D, the RPM are going down for a second. Also the car is vibrating a bit.

Is this ok? Should I worry?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
A bit of information would help here. I take it that you are either young or have just now needed a car. So this Insight has just been purchased used? If so, then you don’t have history on it unless you got a CARFAX in the process of buying it.
What we would need to know is: how many miles (or km you don’t have your location in your profile) are on it now? What service have you had done?
My first suggestion, without knowing anything else, is for you to have the transmission fluid changed. This needs to be done with genuine Honda CVT fluid.
There were also software updates that applied to all 2010 and some 2011 Insights. If you do take it to a dealer for a fluid change, you should ask them to connect it, in the service area, to the Honda computer to check for and apply any updates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
egads, thanks a lot for your reply. I'm from Moldova(Eastern Europe). This car is used and is from the U.S. Currently is has 158k km. Last week I've changed the CVT fluid (Honda genuine), but unfortunately I am not sure if the problem appeared after or I didn't noticed it before.I will call the official dealer and make the appointment for checking if there are any software updated for the car. Also I read on the internet it can be the case when I should clean the throttle.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If the CVT does not get warm to the operating temperature, then there will be a slight drop in speed, this is normal. This is due to the temporary load of the cold oil on the hydro-converter.
Also, there are similar symptoms when:
- dirty throttle
- contaminated fuel filter
Also the car is vibrating a bit.
This is not normal.
Necessary diagnosis.
Perhaps the bearing fails. Or the flywheel is defective. Or the most simple, rattling drive protection, which is recognized as the vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
gms24ru
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing