Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ADMIN NOTE: The decision to stop discussion of MIMA had nothing to do with the project itself but with Mike breaking our rules repeatedly, after being asked time and time again not to do so. In particular, any discussion on how to bypass the manufacturer's warranty is strictly prohibited.

As of 12/2/2007, we are re-opening MIMA discussion in a dedicated thread which can be found here: MIMA Thread. We ask that all participants please strictly follow the Forum Rules when posting at InsightCentral.net. (Please read the rules!)

Please post all MIMA-related issues in the above thread.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,

Benjamin

--

Original Post:

MIMA Gets booted off IC

I was notified last night that the IC moderators have decided that MIMA is not an acceptable subject for IC, and that the threads will be locked soon.
Fear of Liability is the stated reason.
I would have thought that the extensive Waiver of Liability that each MIMA system requires would have taken care of that, but it would seem not.
It has been fun taking part in this Forum, and now that it is time to move on, I do so with the same positive outlook that has allowed me to push on with my dream of making the Insight into my dream car.
I welcome all the brave souls that are like minded to follow my progress on the official MIMA forum on 99MPG.com.
I want to thank the moderators for their patience with my sometimes inappropriate statements, and I wish them a long and prosperous future.
I will not do and further posting or will not be following any further discussions on IC, as in my limited available time, I cant follow more than one forum.
If MIMA is a concern, Booster batteries, ev conversions, Turbochargers, hot air mods, and any modification that could be considered potentially damaging to the car may also fall under their fear of liability concerns, and may eventually get locked. I expect that half of the subjects in the Modifications sections if viewed in the same light as MIMA, would be liability concerns?
Good Bye
:(

·
Registered
466 Posts
well, aint that silly! seeya at 99mpg!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bummer, Mike. It appears to me you've been a very active and valuable member of the Insight community and it's a shame to lose someone like that.

With all due respect to those who run this board, it does seem to me that there's an awful lot of over-moderation going on here, but whatever...it's not my messageboard.

Good luck, Mike

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
see you at 99mpg :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well, I'm glad to see that you are continuing forward with your quest towards making the Insight even better than what it already is. I will definitely be keeping track of you over at 99mpg. :)

Best of luck to you!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
This is a shame. :(

Is there any topics left to discuss that are allowed?

·
Registered
571 Posts
This is a joke, right :?: An explanation from the moderators is needed :?

·
Registered
466 Posts
no sir, my tires are always inflated to spec......

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
There's nothing positive that can be gained for Mike, MIMA or IC in making the "problem" discussions public. Although it is allowed by an interpretation of rule #14. My note in the MIMA thread giving the previous lock & unlock reason is clear:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... &start=600

Check the rules and draw your own conclusions. :|

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42

Modification topics are NOT restricted by the rules.

Post locked.

MIMA thread locked.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3357

MIMA discussions need to be taken to the developers site.

Sincerely and sadly,

[edit - updated rule link]

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Thank you to all who posted in earlier threads

To the InsightCentral.net Forum Community:

As John (aka Insightful Trekker) noted, we had many reasons for deciding to end the MIMA discussions here on InsightCentral.net but have no intention of entering into a public debate.

I would however like to note that, prior to taking any action, I discussed the proposed transition at length with Mike, and the whole InsightCentral.net Forum team wanted this parting to be as friendly as possible. We went out of our way to do this and ensure a smooth transition from InsightCentral.net to Mike's forum, though I will not bother you with all the details here.

One of our offers was to make the main MIMA thread "sticky" for a long period, allowing all to see it as the transition took place. Since Mike started this new thread, I will make it "sticky" instead. Done.

One more quick note: some of you may recall (though apparently not most of those posting in this thread) that John was one of the key players in the creation of MIMA. I think his views on MIMA matters bear significant weight as a result.

We would like to thank everyone who participated in past discussions and we certainly harbor no ill feelings towards Mike. We also hope everyone, including Mike, will continue to be active members in this forum!

Benjamin, for the InsightCentral.net Forum Moderators' Team

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Re: Thank you to all who posted in earlier threads

ADMIN NOTE: The decision to stop discussion of MIMA had nothing to do with the project itself but with Mike breaking our rules repeatedly, after being asked time and time again not to do so. In particular, any discussion on how to bypass the manufacturer's warranty is strictly prohibited.

As of 12/2/2007, we are re-opening MIMA discussion in a dedicated thread which can be found here: MIMA Thread. We ask that all participants please strictly follow the Forum Rules when posting at InsightCentral.net. (Please read the rules!)

Please post all MIMA-related issues in the above thread.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,

Benjamin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.