Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2000 Honda. (WTF spell check. I should throw away my phone for that mistake)馃槨 insight 5 speed with 125,000 MI the econ button was working in the beginning when I first got this car and it's not working anymore the AC works but I just want to use the fan only so I can let the outside air in without rolling down the windows. is anybody else have the problem? Also has anybody ran a bypass or toggle switch for just a fan?

Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
Hyundai INSIGHT?

Super Moderator
You may have forgotten how you operated the climate controls. To get a "hard" off for the A/C, you tap the econ control twice very quickly - tap-tap. The display should see "A/C Off" on the display. You can use the two left buttons, mode and fan, to set up fan operation.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTF spell check. I should throw away my phone for that mistake)馃槨....um. I've tried every trick.. hitting the button twice like 100 times. I guess it's time to replace? it worked good for a few weeks. But I guess I have to buy a replacement AC panel

Super Moderator
Chances are the physical button on the circuit board is starting to go bad. You might get it to work by pressing harder on the econ button.

Otherwise, you could consider a trip to Jue Motors in Covina, CA and I could replace that problematic button for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts