Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a few months now i have had a bit of a "B.O." smell from inside the car, late last year i had changed the in cabin filter which helped a little, but i noticed for a long time that I would get fogged windows.

I periodically have tried using paper towel to soak up the condensation on the window a couple times, and shoppedvac'd the seats and carpet dry but the condensation still comes back sometimes.

It has been about a year and a half since the last time I had my runchannel replaced from bunching (Causing water to get in).

This past weekend I decided to take out the interior carpet because im affraid of the health problems mold might cause since now i am getting that smell. Under the carpet I was amazed to find puddles of merky water, not only that but the Carpet padding under the plastic liner was filled like a sponge with water as well.

I guess when i had the water leaks from the window, it got under the carpet and was retained by the padding and when the temp was right, some condensed on the window, but the majority stays trapped under the carpet.

I know alot of people have had problems with runchannel bunches and leaks, I have read a couple posts regarding condensation on windoiws as well. If you have had this problem maybe poping the clips and taking a look under the carpet may be a good idea. If you catch this early it may save you the $$$ for purchasing a new carpet which i will most likley now have to do

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Good advice.
I keep a cotton towel under my rubber floor mat in winter.
the towel catches the melted snow that doesn't get traped on the rubber mat. I replace the towel a few times a month to keep the carpet dry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts