Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The base will be a little bit wider, but it will fit. I have one on my car. It looks better in my opinion. Just watch out, they are a high theft item. I remove mine in bad areas.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Rick, the S2000 antena has an amplifier at it's base. Do you mean that you were able to get the amplifier into the roof of the Insight or do you just have the stubby antena?

Kip

·
Registered
348 Posts
Went to my dealer today to see how it looks like....

8)
Way cool man !!
Not cheap for a little antenna, but hey It's worth the looks....

On the way home though, a thought crossed my mind:
The S-2000 antenna is a bit thicker and so-forth. Wonder how it affects the lifetime mpg *rofl* :lol:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If you go to Daniel Curran's site and click on the 03 California ralley there is a better picture of one on Billy's car. As far as the antenna in general goes I am reminded of a statment from a EV1 brocheure I have. It went something to the effect of a radio antenna would have reduced range by 1/16 of a mile so it was integrated in to the alluminum roof. If someone was really really good they could remove the roof and shave off the antenna hold and relocate it somewhere else.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hmmm, got the "egg shaped" EV-1 brochure (1997) here but no mention on the extended range :)

Looking at it again makes me angry again, HOW COULD THEY :roll:

"how does it go without gas and air ?
how does it go without gas and explosions ?
how does it go, you ask yourself. and then you will ask

How could we have possibly gone so long without it ?? "

"don't worry. the stares will stop someday.

when everyone, or most, anyway, has one
and the roads are once again flooded by a sea of sameness.
but for now it's just you and it.
enjoy the ride. in the electric car !"

The stares have stopped ! And I never had the chance to drive it !!
I hate GM !

sorry btw for the offtopic

·
Registered
228 Posts
Billy inspired me to add the S2000 antenna last fall. It does screw right on in place of the original and I didn't notice any change in radio reception.

That is the correct number that you have listed. On HandA's site under S2000 stuff they offer an Insight antenna for S2000 owners!

Another option from Honda might be the antenna on the Element's and Civic SI's (I think it is one in the same). It looks similar to the S2000 but is smooth all the way to the end. In other words, it doesn't have the little "tip" if that makes sense. I didn't pursue it any further so I don't know if it would just screw on as well.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
No. 166, I went and looked in the materials I have. I know I read it somewhere, but can't find it at the moment. I have the paddle shaped one and the big paddle shaped brochure along with a Gen 2 brochure. I can't find it now. I know I read it somewhere though, perhaps on the web site. Or it might have been in the 1997 EV1 Mint condition Owners Manual I have :D . If I find it I will let you know the exact wording.

As far as the other antenna's I would think the other antennas would fit no problem. The only requisite is that the thread is the same, which I think it should be for most Honda's. And I know exactly what your talking about with the similar Element antenna.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Seeing the pic:
So my dealer sold me the Element antenna :shock:
Even though it isn't available here in Europe. It IS without the little tip on the end :D
YES it fits perfectly :p

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Another antenna choice?

Some VW owners are switching their antennas for the S2000 antennas (in other forums), so I'm assuming the threaded connection is the same...

If so, one of their discussions may be of interest to us Insight owners... this particular VW driver was discussing a neat little antenna offered by TM Tuning called the Mini V. Here is the link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1217217

I am very tempted to order it to try on our Insight (it's only $9)... The VW guy who installed it on his New Beetle says it did not reduce his reception, and it looks to be no bigger than 2" or so in length. It's all metal with no knob at the top, brushed metal finish, and looks to be veeeery cooool...

Go here:

http://www.tmtuning.com/main/html/frame ... ottom.html

and check it out... it's pictured on their home page, in the right-hand column of pictures, the center row, eight pix down... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts