Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am wondering if any locals have an overall good feeling with any of the Honda places (or any other mechanic for that matter) for service.
i purchased used for Pacific Honda and the sales people knew NOTHING about the car and i have never seen one new on the lot across the street so I am wondering if they will have had experience maintaining/repairing/troubleshooting.
thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody here in SD huh? bummer. i have seen quite a few driving around....

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
There are Insighters in the San Diego area, but I doubt they know any knowledgeable Insight repair shops.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,891 Posts
Check the "Memberlist" on this site for all the San Diego INSIGHTERS.

I use TIPTON HONDA in El Cajon for warranty work and misc parts for my Insight. Also used them during the oil changes while under warranty.

"Ray" is the service person for the Hybrids and knows his stuff.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i've used my dealership Poway Honda for my oil changes (free for life) and service too, since i'm there and it's pretty close. they seem to be okay. i make sure to remind them about 0w20 oil, and theyre quick to tell me that they know (a little too quick if you know what i mean)

·
Registered
2 Posts
i live in SD as well. i have found no matter where you go its hit or miss. the customer service person who normally takes your info and keys dont know a whole lot about the car but theres normally one mechanic there who knows a thing or two.

i work in irvine, so i go to the santa ana dealer.

One of the managers there admitted to me that most of the insight drivers he comes across know more the cars than the average person working at the dealership.

I recommend asking to meet the mechanic and chat with him for a bit see if comes across as knowledgeable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts