Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda hybrid 2010 model insight se Cvt. Does anyone know where you are supposed to plug in your sat nav? I have looked everywhere cand can't locate anywhere to plug in my sat nav . Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The wiring harness is different, you can't buy a stock sat nav and upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry not sure what you mean - so you can't have a standalone sat nav thAt you plug in ? To clarify I am not talking about building one in

·
Super Moderator
4,728 Posts
????? Every standalone I've ever seen just plugs into the lighter socket.

Sam

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car instruction manual says don't plug anything else into the lighter socket but by the looks of your post u think it should be fine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Actual lighter stick has got stuck so going to have to figure out a way of getting that out as well. I have just bought the car 2nd hand so not sure how it has managed to get stuck

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Never seen a newer car with a gig. liter stick?

Willie

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
What country are you in? Someone who is more familiar with how models are packaged there may give you some Insight (pun intended)

Here in the US, vehicle no longer have cigarette lighters or ashtrays. Some vehicle have offered a "smokers package" an option that would replace the power outlet with a lighter and often repurpose a cup holder for an ashtray.

We have a little flip down door labeled "power outlet" that I think is limited to 10 amps. Way under what a lighter would draw. It's possible the reason there is a lighter stuck in the opening is that the previous owner tried to use a lighter in the power outlet and melted it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is what that looks like in the US:
http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/09/rsz-honda-insight-outlet-aux.jpg

The aux shown is a mini stereo plug to input audio to the radio in some models.

There is also in our upper models a USB plug in inside the center console. That does charge a smartphone as well as play audio. iPhones also display songs, tracks and such. Ours often gives a "device not supported" error message, but it seems to work anyway.

What kind of plug does your NAV unit have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What country are you in? Someone who is more familiar with how models are packaged there may give you some Insight (pun intended)

Here in the US, vehicle no longer have cigarette lighters or ashtrays. Some vehicle have offered a "smokers package" an option that would replace the power outlet with a lighter and often repurpose a cup holder for an ashtray.

We have a little flip down door labeled "power outlet" that I think is limited to 10 amps. Way under what a lighter would draw. It's possible the reason there is a lighter stuck in the opening is that the previous owner tried to use a lighter in the power outlet and melted it.
England. Thanks for your suggestion - yes quite possible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts