Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been trying to find some schematics or instructions for replacing the entire headlight of my 2001 Insight.

does anyone have a resource for something like this?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
PM me your email address, I'll send you a print screen from the service manual. You have to remove the front bumper cover to remove the head light.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I found this thread while searching on Google for "Honda Insight Headlight Installation". I noticed after a few months since I bought my 1st Gen. Insight last November, that the right headlight always had moisture inside the lens. The Honda dealer service center that I go to wanted to charge me $300.00 for the whole headlight assembly, because they claimed it couldn't be fixed.

Then I brought it to Pep Boys and they didn't want to fix it either. Someone from there told me that I should replace the headlight assembly, because it could burn out the headlight bulb.

So, I looked on the Internet for a replacement Headlight assembly and ended up buying two of them through Bernardi Honda. I noticed the old left headlight was scratched and it had this film on it, so why not replace that too? I saved money by not buying these from the dealer.

Now I have to figure out how I am going to install these on own, if that is possible. Does anyone have a Honda Insight Service Manual that contains the directions on replacing the headlight for the Insight?

·
Registered
728 Posts
You need to remove the front bumper cover. That's two nylon rivets next to the upper grille opening, two underneath the car (at the radiator support bracket), and two screws holding the bumper cover to each fender (move the inner fender liner aside to access those). The fender-to-bumper screws can also be removed with an 8mm socket and a long extension.

Once you get that off, you'll see the four bolts holding each headlight in place. It's easier than it sounds.

I would like to buy your old headlamps, as hazy is better than broken. PM me.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks Mike,

Would I be able to come over to your house today or tomorrow? If not, maybe sometime next weekend. I found out how much my dealer would charge to install the headlight assemblies. 2-2 1/2 hours of labor at $90 an hour. It's ridiculous :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts