Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I often ride as a 3rd passenger in G1 insights with friends, and I always run into comfort issues trying to sleep and rest in my makeshift beds on long trips, not a horrible experience, but it left a lot to be desired. My cousin (Balto here on the forums) recently installed a set of Scott's rear springs for his turbo'd CVT car and it is night and day. Hopping around town for trips of fine dining such as the local Arco station, speed bumps and poorly paved roads are no longer a fear as I no longer have to brace myself only to have my head meet the glass hatch. As for longer road trips I am comfortably able to sleep on a cloud that is Scott's rear springs. On the stock springs, every dip would put me on the urge of losing my meal as I would be tossed around like a rag doll. However with these springs, after enjoying some chicken nuggets I can sit comfortably as potholes seem to vanish.

I now hope to acquire a set of these springs for my own G1, to improve ride quality AND make sure any 3rd passengers have the most smooth and buttery ZE1 transport experience. So if you find yourself entering the hatch of these spaceships G1s and closing the glass capsule door, rest assured your voyage will be comfortable as can be if that vehicle is equipped with Scott's Springs.

Edit. Today I was able to eat 3 Del Tacos from DelTaco without spilling anything and making a mess of the rear hatch mat.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I often ride as a 3rd passenger in G1 insights with friends, and I always run into comfort issues trying to sleep and rest in my makeshift beds on long trips, not a horrible experience, but it left a lot to be desired. My cousin (Balto here on the forums) recently installed a set of Scott's rear springs for his turbo'd CVT car and it is night and day. Hopping around town for trips of fine dining such as the local Arco station, speed bumps and poorly paved roads are no longer a fear as I no longer have to brace myself only to have my head meet the glass hatch. As for longer road trips I am comfortably able to sleep on a cloud that is Scott's rear springs. On the stock springs, every dip would put me on the urge of losing my meal as I would be tossed around like a rag doll. However with these springs, after enjoying some chicken nuggets I can sit comfortably as potholes seem to vanish.

I now hope to acquire a set of these springs for my own G1, to improve ride quality AND make sure any 3rd passengers have the most smooth and buttery ZE1 transport experience. So if you find yourself entering the hatch of these spaceships G1s and closing the glass capsule door, rest assured your voyage will be comfortable as can be if that vehicle is equipped with Scott's Springs.

Edit. Today I was able to eat 3 Del Tacos from DelTaco without spilling anything and making a mess of the rear hatch mat.
I hope you at least use the cargo net as a [full covered] seat belt back there. o_O

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,701 Posts
Sounds like the "OP been smoking that green stuff".

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I
The 3rd passenger must be a dog. Although feeding your dog Del Taco is bordering on animal cruelty. :unsure:
Cannot confirm nor deny my existence as a dog.

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Trunk Motor vehicle

Here's me enjoying a ride to Del Taco on Scott's Springs!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am certain I have missed a few things along the line, like where to obtain a set of "Scotts Springs". Please bring me up to date.
If you would like to purchase a set, you can contact Scott @KLR3CYL

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,701 Posts
Look Here:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts