Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Located in madison wisconsin, found a 2000 insight, scrapping it for parts. Looking for people's parts lists. Battery is in working condition, cells all have a charge at 16, less than a volt of one another. If you want more info, pm me. Thanks:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Located in madison wisconsin, found a 2000 insight, scrapping it for parts. Looking for people's parts lists. Battery is in working condition, cells all have a charge at 16, less than a volt of one another. If you want more info, pm me. Thanks:)
I am looking for the 5 wire O2 Oxygen sensor. I live in Olympia Washington. thanks

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
...Battery is in working condition, cells all have a charge at 16, less than a volt of one another.
fyi, if 'less than a volt' means 'up to a volt' difference (between stick pairs, 'taps'), then the pack is almost certainly not in working condition. A tenth of a volt difference would be more like it, for simply "working." 1/100 would be closer to 'good'...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fyi, if 'less than a volt' means 'up to a volt' difference (between stick pairs, 'taps'), then the pack is almost certainly not in working condition. A tenth of a volt difference would be more like it, for simply "working." 1/100 would be closer to 'good'...
Damn, alright. Thanks dude. Both of the batteries I own are going to be getting cycled soon. Is up to a volt difference something that could get brought back to life from gridcharging/ discharging? It does charge/ assist when driving.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Is up to a volt difference something that could get brought back to life from gridcharging/ discharging? It does charge/ assist when driving.
Well, if it 'does charge/assist when driving' that means it does work and I'm wrong - doesn't it? I can't see how that'd be the case with a tap being as much as 1 volt lower than the others though... Maybe your DMM has a low battery or something...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, if it 'does charge/assist when driving' that means it does work and I'm wrong - doesn't it? I can't see how that'd be the case with a tap being as much as 1 volt lower than the others though... Maybe your DMM has a low battery or something...
Yeah, granted not at optimal ability, it wasn't at a full charge on the gauge cluster that is. But the cells were all above 16v when I read them. It does charge and assist. I looked up DMM, couldnt find anything. Whats that stand for?

·
Registered
124 Posts
how does the status of the triway catalytic converter look like ?
that's the upper one, right out off the exhaust manifold ...
most likely not good, ie, all spent, with all those many miles..
peace

·
Registered
2000 MT
18 Posts
Hi, I need three things. The air box. The drivers side door latching/locking mechanism. (Inside lever, rod. Inside lock lever,rod. 2 10mm bolts takes it off.)
Trim piece above the license plate, next to the license plate light.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.