Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im searching for a used insight in the lower 7's price range in the southeast. if anyone knows of any please PM me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I doubt you'll find anything in the 7's range, unless the seller has know idea what current gas prices are, and the car might not be in tip top shape.

Just go to cars.com or autotrader.com.

cars.com seems to be the best, they keep the most current and updated ads.

You can also try ebay, but all the (current) insights on there are over 10K.

Matt

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Stevo12228:

___You missed this one although it had a few problems with the rear bumper and interior wasn’t as clean as it should have been either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... eName=WDVW

___About 3 weeks ago, there was a Blue 2001 5-speed w/ A/C with just 42,000 miles on it. It looked pristine from the pics and went out for just $8,500 albeit privately according to the page?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 48978&rd=1

___That last one was a steal if you ask me.

___Anyway, keep an eye out for Ebayer’s as well. Many are beat or have problems but every once in a while, one comes along worth looking into …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:7q7u1d2b][email protected][/email:7q7u1d2b]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hadnt even looked at ebay, i just remember looking two months or so ago and finding plenty in that price range...i guess gas prices really have brought the prices of insights up. ill keep looking, thanx wayne.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Stevo12886:

___I don’t know if you followed some of the posts about gasoline futures over at GreenHybrid or not but looking into the December/January time frame, gasoline should retail for < $1.60 - $1.70/gallon as an average across the country (sorry California, that probably doesn’t include you :(). Rick (Arizona Rick) has seen prices of used Insight’s rise and fall at the automobile auctions w/ gas prices similar rise and fall. If you wait until the December - January time frame, $8K or so for a relatively low mileage Insight 5-speed might just be in the cards given lower fuel prices, a larger Hybrid supply when the SUV’s and Accord becoming available, and hopefully by then, the HCH and Prius supply will begin meeting demand as well?

___Now start saving for your next Christmas present ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:1io8a84s][email protected][/email:1io8a84s]

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
xcel said:
Rick (Arizona Rick) has seen prices of used Insight’s rise and fall at the automobile auctions w/ gas prices similar rise and fall.
I like that. He should introduce himself that way: "Rick... Arizona Rick."

Anyway, I am seeing this price effect as well... I monitor the TMV of my Insight using Edmunds every month, and this month the reported TMV increased by $250.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ok chiming in here since I've been called upon. Yesterday I was attempting to get my hands on yet another Insight that went through the auction because hey, I could have probably made a buck on it. Now get this, it was a twin to my car. 02 5 speed with dealer AC, red. In pretty good shape with 50,000 miles on it. So I drove out there, book on the car was something less than 9 grand I think, and considering what they were bringing I was willing to pay about that.

So the auction starts, I don't even play, the car brings $11,500! This is about retail book price on the car, cars never bring retail book at the auction unless they are the hot ticket at the time. My dad looks at me and says "your car just went up in value."

And if you want to see another example of this look at the price other hybrids are bringing on eBay even. Civics are bringing much better money than they were a few months ago, low mile Prius classics are bringing over 15K, and OMG, 2004 Prius's are selling for insane premiums. And eBay is not generally the place to get the most money for a vehicle.

I gotta admit, this is kinda cool. But it's simple supply and demand at work.

BTW, this is my 1,000 th post.

·
Registered
222 Posts
stevo12886 said:
i hadnt even looked at ebay, i just remember looking two months or so ago and finding plenty in that price range...i guess gas prices really have brought the prices of insights up. ill keep looking, thanx wayne.
I've been watching ebay pretty steadily and I don't recall seeing plenty (or any) in that price range. That blue one that was canceled that was mentioned earlier is the best deal by far I have seen on ebay. I guess he sold it outside of ebay or something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prices are really high..there are a few on the motorwerks lot that fit what im looking for...but the price of a few really look too high. One that i knoticed is 10,000 and has 126,000 miles.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Steveo12886:

___Looks about right given the mileage? I would still talk him down another $500 - $1,000 if possible? Greyhound will get you to where you want to go but you really have to have someone take a look before making the adventure. Where is its actual location anyway? It sounds like Willy’s LRR gave you “The Fever;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:ix751h59][email protected][/email:ix751h59]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wayne,
Looked in the White pages (I'm a sneaky little devil). Its a cell phone based in Albuqurque, NM. I cant remember if it is someone here on on GreenHybrid that lives there....but getting them to look would be great. Plus...the Albuqurque airport is supposed to be one of the best (cheap ticket! Orbitz!) according to a friend. NEway...yah, I've got the fever...solar mods will have to wait..this could get expensive.
Cheers,
Steven

1 - 14 of 14 Posts