Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000-2006 Honda Insight Seat Cover Removal Tuitorial

In preparation for the 2016 Insightfest I removed the seats from my car and then removed the seat covers and laundered them.

While I was at it, I shot some video of the process and tonight, I finished editing the seat cover removal footage.

I hope this proves useful.
How to remove remove Honda Insight seat covers:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very useful, but where is the video of laundrying the covers and the video of re-installing all those hog rings? This video makes it all look so easy. I know PoySippi did the same with his, just wanna see the end results. Did you get it back together w/o separating the back from the bottom of the seat?

·
Administrator
11,783 Posts
The hog rings are really not difficult, I've done four complete seats.
Washing water stained grubby seat covers in the washing machine makes a massive difference.
You can wash one seat at a time.

I also replaced my drivers side seat foam bolster as it was split badly.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
My 2 cents: Laundering seat covers maybe once, say if you buy a dirty used car or never took care of your seat covers, is probably a good idea. But thereafter you might be better off using a spray-on carpet and upholstery cleaner.

It's kind of a hassle to remove the covers and put them back on. I've done this twice and last time I didn't get much bang for the buck - the washing didn't do much. Since then I bought two different kinds of carpet and upholstery cleaner - to use on my house carpet - but they work very well, such as for removing stains, on carpet or upholstery.

I can't remember the names - one was a ZEP product from Lowe's and the other was a pink liquid also from Lowe's. You just spray on, work in a little with fingers or brush, and that's it, the stains disappear. If it's a carpet you'd vacuum with upright, you can do similar with upholstery using a brush attachment...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts