Honda Insight Forum banner

Seat Covers and Ski Rack

2189 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  EnvironmeltalGirl
Hi,
This is my first Post. I recently bought an insight and love it. I live in Colorado and go skiing a lot on the weekends. I was wondering if anyone had an idea on a ski rack. I have already driven the car up the mountains and it does OK. Not great but what can you expect. The strangest thing that came of driving the car in the mountains is the battery was compleately used up. When this happens you are just running on the 3 cylinder engine. It was not as horrible as I thought it was going to be. Anyway, I am looking for a lead on a ski rack.

I am also looking for seat covers. Has anyone bought the generic bucket seat covers? If so how do they fit? Does anyone have a good link to unique seat covers that would fit into my insight?

Peace,
EG
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
With regard to your question about transporting skis, last winter, my son and I had 5 pairs of various touring, skating, and telemark skis inside of the Insight. Theses types tend to be longer than alpine skis.
There was only minor inconvenience for the passenger, who is taller than me.

'Sorry I don't have a picture of all those skis in the car (next time I think we'll only bring 2 or 3 pair). However, I would advocate keeping things inside the car and out of the weather whenever possible. This also retains the remarkable aerodynamics and resulting fuel economy of the Insight :)

http://photos11.flickr.com/13479835_fae51d364c.jpg

HTH

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.