Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, one of the heat shields fell off on my 2000 Insight MT and severed my secondary 02 sensor wires on the way down. So the dealer tells me that this needs to be replaced. I have researched on this forum and also online and I have not found definitive evidence that there is an aftermarket [Bosch, etc] secondary O2 sensor that bolts up w/o modification and works as well as the OEM sensor from Honda. This part [36531-PCC-014] is around $267 at the least. I've found that Bosch 13075 is supposed to fit that year Insight but no evidence from anyone with an Insight that it actually fits or conforms to OE specs enough to justify not going with the Honda sensor on this. Has anyone had any experience with replacing this sensor that can shed some light on this for me?

·
7,259 Posts
Is this the LAF O2 sensor, or the regular one?

If it is the LAF sensor, Bosch 15393 is the correct equivilent replacement. You can get them on Amazon for ~$175.

But if the wires were only severed, I see no reason why you can't splice them back together and call it good, as long as it was working properly before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is not the LAF sensor. The dealership actually told me at first that it was the "upstream" primary O2 sensor, which I bought from Amazon [Bosch 15393] for $175 and dropped it off to them to replace. They then called me and stated that it was the wrong O2 sensor and that I need the other "downstream" secondary one. It is quite a long story but the end result is that I need to replace the downstream O2 sensor and I have not found any info regarding an appropriate replacement that isn't the $300 Honda sensor [36531-PCC-014].

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I ordered the Bosch 13075 from Amazon and it arrived today. It looks to be way too short to fit the 2000 Insight. I will test fit it just to be certain but it looks as if I will be returning this one and getting the OEM Honda one instead. Damn...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I can confirm that Bosch 13075 fits in the Secondary O2 position. Had it installed 2 weeks ago and I no longer have the Check Engine Light nor has it returned. Just an fyi...

·
Registered
2000 insight mt
185 Posts
Here is a pic of the old, stock and new, Bosch 13075.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts