Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Insight that I bought used. There seems to be a space for a light near the FCD button that I don't see in any other insight. Additionally, there is a button on the carpet to the left of the pedals that doesn't seem hooked up to anything. See attached photos of both of these. The car has an alarm system installed. Are parts of this system supposed to be connected to this button and light dome? I see an LED that still flashes when the alarm is active, at the end of a wire just hanging near the pedals. If this is supposed to go into that red dome, how could I access this to reconnect it? Is this something the factory ever did or could this have been something a dealership did?

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
The button with the picture of the car with the hood raised is the hood release. Pull it to release the hood. The other one is a mystery to me. Do you have an after-market security system in the car?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
The button on the floor could be a 'calpod' clutch switch - a switch in parallel with the clutch switch, which enables you to disable the IMA system in most circumstances. The light could be an indicator light associated with that switch. This setup looks a lot like my own, where I have a footpedal switch as the calpod and an LED in the dash close to yours... You'll have to check if there are any seemingly DIY wires coming out of the switch above the clutch pedal...

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
The button is for the valet mode to turn off an aftermarket alarm and immobilizer system. The light is a monitor for the same. I'd just remove the control module and splice back together the wires that were cut during installation. As these age, they can cause hard to trace starting problems. And it's not like anybody is going to steal these cars anymore.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The button on the floor could be a 'calpod' clutch switch - a switch in parallel with the clutch switch, which enables you to disable the IMA system in most circumstances. The light could be an indicator light associated with that switch. This setup looks a lot like my own, where I have a footpedal switch as the calpod and an LED in the dash close to yours... You'll have to check if there are any seemingly DIY wires coming out of the switch above the clutch pedal...
So you think that red thing next to the FCD button is part of some aftermarket installation job for the alarm?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts