Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2000 Insight last October and absolutely love the car! It had been perfectly maintained by the previous owner (an older gentleman), and I just did the 45K service and had new front brakes put on it. It is currently under warranty through Honda Care until August 2007.

I recently found out that due to work I will be out of the county for at least one year, possibly up to a year and a half. I will not be able to take the car with me, and it will not be driven while I am gone.

Would you advise selling the car? I will have saved up $$$ while I am away, so being able to purchase a newer Insight upon my return will not be a problem. This might be advisable since the 2002s are updated electoncially from what I have heard.

Selling the car would be the obvious answer if the vehicle were not in the excellent condition it currently is in. I paid $10,900 for it, and can probably recoup most of that. However, finding one in the condition of my present might be an issue...

I would not want to spend much over $10,000 on another upon returning.

Thanks for all the advice!

Rob

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Rob

How about lending it to a (trusted!) friend while you are away - at least it will get used. xcel is Insightless at the moment; he would take good care of it - he can be an Insightsitter!

John

·
Registered
182 Posts
jack9994 said:
xcel is Insightless at the moment; he would take good care of it - he can be an Insightsitter!
He'd probably increase its value by getting the LMPG up!

I'd worry that when you return, Insights will have been discontinued, gas prices will have risen, and their used price will have gone up.

Charlie

·
Registered
71 Posts
whether to sell

be glad to car sit; I live on 5 remote acres in AZ; plenty of room and no one would bother it out here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts