Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my insight's CEL came on last night on the way home from Vegas. Everything seemed fine so I kept driving after 300 miles it went off. Any ideas as to what might have done this? IMA was fine. The maint light has been on since they forgot to clear it last oil change.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If it comes on for a loose gas cap it should self correct itself. You can get it scanned to see if there are any stored codes, otherwise as long as it stays away no harm done.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I would agree with the gas cap deduction. Same thing happened to me in the S.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
By OBDII definitions a gas cap code is a 2 trip self clearing code. If you were simply driving down the road and it went off by itself then it can't be a P1456. It takes a minumum mileage _and_ temperature change to define a "trip" for this code. Since gasoline vapors are highly volitile watching for a pressure drop in the fuel evaporative system is temperature dependent.

Most codes that are defined as self clearing are of no short term consequence. Its in the longer term that some can save you a tow. The code is stored until the PCM's memory is cleared so I'd get it checked out at your eariliest convenience.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greetings Trekker,
I know that its not lijely to be gas cap. Though it is back again I would guess I drove it 200 miles with no light oh well I will have it looked at tomorrow I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts