Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Honda Insight Manual Trans 106k miles
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of selling my 2001 manual g1 insight with A/C . I’ve had it for over a year and absolutely love it . But id love to find a different color . The car has 115,000 miles with a clean title. I average 55+ mpg in the summer and 45 in the winter.

Parts Replaced list / Service
-Clutch slave cylinder
-Clutch Master Cylinder
-Egr valve/plate cleaned
-Pcv Valve
-Air filter changed
-Cabin Air filter changed
-Spark plugs
-Refurbished IMA Battery
-Grid charger purchased/installed incase needed
  • Less than 800 miles on Re92 tires
  • Less than 1500 miles on Michelin x snow and ice tires mounted on some steelies
  • Heater core flushed
-Replaced radiator cap
  • Paint correction
  • Interior deep clean
  • Scott aluminum belly pan
  • Retrofitted civic armrest
-Brand new Rear hatch stickers and front Honda emblem

Just a feeler post! If anyone is interested please message me. I value the car at $4500 considering the mechanical condition and work done to the car . Along with the mileage. Thanks for you
I live in Minneapolis and daily drive it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Have it wrapped. You’re losing money selling a known quantity for an unknown just to get a different color. It’s gonna be hard to find many with lower mileage. I just bought one (silver actually) with 76k I think..... and there weren’t many options out there. It was 550 miles away

Unless there is some expensive problem that you know about, you’re better off keeping your car and investing a couple grand into a quality wrap job

·
Registered
2001 Honda Insight Manual Trans 106k miles
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have it wrapped. You’re losing money selling a known quantity for an unknown just to get a different color. It’s gonna be hard to find many with lower mileage. I just bought one (silver actually) with 76k I think..... and there weren’t many options out there. It was 550 miles away

Unless there is some expensive problem that you know about, you’re better off keeping your car and investing a couple grand into a quality wrap job
I’ve thought about wrapping it myself . Although, I don’t like the idea of messing with the originality of the car . Sometimes wraps don’t come off easily and actually destroy the original paint .

·
Super Moderator
826 Posts
This really isn't appropriate for the Gen 1 general discussion forum. Moving to the Buy/Sell forum.

To the OP, I recommending checking out the Rules Thread in the Buy/Sell forum to make sure your post is in compliance.

Thank you,
Bull Dog
Insight Central Moderator

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve thought about wrapping it myself . Although, I don’t like the idea of messing with the originality of the car . Sometimes wraps don’t come off easily and actually destroy the original paint .
Like I suggested..... pay for a quality wrap.

It’s not permanent, and only you will know it’s silver (and the DMV)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts