Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Insight enthusiasts,

I inherited this old car from family and it's been sitting in my garage for a year or so with a bad engine. I know the engine seized and I had a friend take a look at it with me. It is unfortunately unrepairable unless you install a new one. I was considering doing this myself but recently I have been offered a new position and I am moving 3 states away this Fall. As much as I like the car, I can't justify hauling it with me. So I figured one of you people would maybe like to take it off my hands...

Long story short, the car just needs a new engine and as far as I know everything else is good minus some cosmetic stuff and slightly hazy headlights. People told me to just junk it, but I'd rather it go to someone who actually wants it. Can't say I've seen many people with this car locally...

Car is located in Berwick, PA. Asking price is $800. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
00 red M/T
13 Posts
Hood’s a bit high.. seized release cable? Like above, mileage is still important for other parts, and an interior picture would be nice

·
Super Moderator
8,988 Posts
Check this thread for the items that matter:

Sorry it sounds a little "officious" but it is based on experience watching communications in this section. I realize you may not know some of the items. Just do your best to describe the car. :)

If the car is in pretty good shape, other than engine, you have a good chance of selling. If the car is in questionable or bad condition overall it may be difficult to get someone to take it on;)

Mileage is very important and interior condition as you see above.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What @jime said, @mikeashimself...
Take your time, do a complete writeup with good pictures and chances are you'll sell it 1-2-3.
Yeah, it might take an hour, or so, to do it. But when was the last time you were paid $1,000 an hour?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I didn't think so many would be interested. I'm going to post more pictures and everything else when I can and do a proper write up.

·
Super Moderator
8,988 Posts
Sorry I didn't think so many would be interested. I'm going to post more pictures and everything else when I can and do a proper write up.
Yeah, we have quite a few diy mechanics on IC, and decent engines aren't hard to find at this point. OTOH cars are getting harder to find, so approached adequately it will probably sell.

You will probably get questions about the IMA hybrid battery. I realize you never drove the car, but if you know its status before the engine quit, that would help. Storage really doesn't damage the battery if it is grid charged before use.

The market for the Gen1 is nationwide so a prospect needs to know a bit before he can act. Thank you for thinking of the community.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Insight enthusiasts,

I inherited this old car from family and it's been sitting in my garage for a year or so with a bad engine. I know the engine seized and I had a friend take a look at it with me. It is unfortunately unrepairable unless you install a new one. I was considering doing this myself but recently I have been offered a new position and I am moving 3 states away this Fall. As much as I like the car, I can't justify hauling it with me. So I figured one of you people would maybe like to take it off my hands...

Long story short, the car just needs a new engine and as far as I know everything else is good minus some cosmetic stuff and slightly hazy headlights. People told me to just junk it, but I'd rather it go to someone who actually wants it. Can't say I've seen many people with this car locally...

Car is located in Berwick, PA. Asking price is $800. Thanks everyone. View attachment 90572 View attachment 90573

·
Registered
2005 NAVY BLUE PEARL CVT
66 Posts
Dickroos, I am picking Mike's 01 up from him on Sunday. That was the earliest time that was amenable! Will let you know how it goes. Spoke with hybrid442 since he is advising me on a few things mechanically so probably going to go the engine swap route due to a mileage discrepancy on the odometer. That way I know what I have when she is up an running again. We shall see!!! 👍🤞😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts