Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I find my serial number?

Anybody know how many 01' Insight were in production?

Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
serial number?

Hi Joe,

can't tell where you live (incomplete profile), but many states include the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on either the registration, title, or both. The last four digits of the VIN tell you what number your car is for a given year. The VIN is also on the tag in the dashboard on the driver side, and possibly also on the door frame (I don't feel like going outside to look).

I believe your owner's manual also describes where the VIN can be found.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Actually Jim its the last 6 digits that are the sequential production number of _any_ VIN.

But for the Insight they never have gotten past the need for 4 digits :) (digits 5 & 6 will be zeros)

And there are some twists and kinks as to the very early numbers e.g. 1-20 of the first model years production anyway. Crash testing and such. Of most main line cars these early numbers would never see the road. How it works in the Insight's case only Honda knows for sure. ;)

HTH! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can't tell where you live (incomplete profile),
Well it is in my signature but I'll go update the prof...

As for SN# I am #73 for '01. I was hoping it'd be a lucky number but oh well.

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
well, Joe, I guess I could have looked at your signature... But I didn't for some reason. :?

John, you're right of course. Had it been anything other than the Insight, I would have mentioned the last six digits - just didn't think it was necessary in this case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts