Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
And its all really moot since the warranty extension bulletin superceeds the information here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4796

IIRC there's nothing in 04-028 that 06-27 & 06-57 doesn't cover more inclusively.

If you choose to review the above thread, remember its age. Much has been learned about the IMA system (and from a driver's perspective since) so many of the statements & conjectures have subsequently been shown as false or incomplete.

& FWIW there really is a bogturtlewoman :!: :shock: ;) Her bog turtle studies were the topic of a local newspaper article about a year after her brief visit here. May the mud always squish softly between her toes. :p (see one of her commemts in a post in Bryan's "fixed" link to put this in context)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found a copy of the original 04-028 and it provided the exact part numbers of the replacement/upgraded BCM/MCM, which is what I was looking for. I just replaced the IMA subpacks with Civic subpacks which makes it a "new" battery, so I felt it prudent to upgrade the IMA management software as well. I found the upgraded computer modules at an Internet salvage yard; they may not be the absolute latest and greatest, but they are dated from 2004 and are specified as the fix for the original failed IMAs, which should be a vast improvement over the original 2000 computer modules (which my car still had).

Thanks,

Leo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts