Honda Insight Forum banner

Service in Australia

6K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  ghillie 
#1 ·
This message will not be of interest to just about all of you happy Insighters, but spare a thought for this outpost of enlightenment.

I need to find a Honda dealer service department in Melbourne that has an interest and expertise with Insights. Is there anyone who visits this site who has experience with Insight ownership in Melbourne and the performance of any service department?

I would be grateful for any information or suggestions.

Ghillie

#27 ·
Gabriella - Your technique sounds pretty much the same as mine - I'm sure that with practice you will get even better FE even in stop/start driving. My FE has improved from about where yours is now to my current 3.4 l/100km (or even better sometimes) due partly to experience and practice. However, some is due to the nature of my travelling (more longer trips now) - and there is nothing much you can do about that.

Just did my first 1000km on one tank the other day!

Happy travelling!

#28 ·
As far as the best MPG remember that usage of IMA SoC, unless your driving pattern allows / requires sufficent braking / downhill regen it _will_ come from a forced charge which is an MPG killer. Careful balance of heavy throttle accelerations that balance the IMA SoC will yield better MPG. (l/Km) Usually light to moderate accelerations shifting early (below 2k RPM) is best for MPG. (YMMV)

From an IMA battery life standpoint lower usage that limits full discharges will likely contribute to longer life. ;)

HTH! :)

#29 ·
Thanks John. I have noticed that with practice I am much better at maintaining the SoC and now almost never require forced charging - although I hadn't realized how much this affects FE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.