Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I bought my used 200 Insight a few weeks ago, and I've looked everywhere for a service manual. The dealer said they don't sell them but to try Helminc.com Well, I've tried them for the last few weeks and it keeps saying that the manuals are unavailable, but will be ready on <Insert Date 3 days from now>.

Does anyone know of an alternate source for service manuals, or would anyone have an old one they don't need anymore?

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
It appears that Helm is producing the manual in production runs. It may be weeks or months before one is available, but it should be eventually. (that's where I got mine)

They used to have an 800 order number. Maybe try talking to a real person? And post your findings back here for the group. :)

Your only other hit and miss opportunity is to watch eBay. They pop up from time to time there. Frequently on a 5 day auction so check bi-weekly.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I called Helm a few weeks back and they told me that their inventory system showed the manuals were suppose to be in back in Sep. 2003. The local Honda dealer told me that they don't have any special connections with Helm. Unfortunately it seems like we have to keep waiting 3 days or find them on eBay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,
I am picking up my first Insight this weekend, so I looked at Helm and they list the Service Manual in stock for $70. Was it listed as in stock when you checked? It is in stock online as of 3/16/04.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep,
It wasn't available when I checked yesterday, but today it is. Definately ordering one now, before I need it. I feel much better doing most of my own work anyways. I fix aircraft for a living, why trust some knucklehead at the dealer to fix my own car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wouldn't you know it, when the manuals become available my internet connection flakes on me so I couldn't even read that they were available let alone order one. But now it is on its way :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just checked the website and it says "This item is being inventoried and is temporarily unavailable."

Hopefully they are just doing inventory and didn't screw up in saying that they were available earlier.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Gobuchul74 and JTMCO :

___Congrats to the both of you!

___JTMCO, in your state, aren’t Hybrid’s allowed HOV lane access with special plates? If so, make sure you go look into it. You are probably already all over this …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3vlgl9bm][email protected][/email:3vlgl9bm]

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
HOV lanes

Hey xcel-

You are correct. In Virginia, you can drive in the HOV lanes with the "Clean Fuel" tags. When I went to the DMV, they gave me a long song and dance about having to order them, not having them in the Main Richmond Branch, someone else driving to Alexandria to get theirs, yada, yada, yada. I think managed to find the "Weakest Link" at the DMV that day.

Anyway, there are no HOV lanes in Richmond, I rarely travel to the DC or Norfolk areas where they would be useful, and the CF tags cost extra, so I just took the standard plate and ran like crazy. I may go back and change them one day, but for now I am boring.

I went to school in Champaign - the Insight must be great on those wide open flat interstate highways.

Have a good one.

Jim

G

·
0 Posts
Hi JTMCO:

___My oldest son is a senior there now and will graduate this spring! The flats in Illinois are great but unfortunately, my route around Chicago takes me out past Joliet on I55 and there are some 70 - 100’ climbs and drops time and time again. All of the 20 - 50’ climbs and falls over the damn overpasses every few miles here up North yank the rug out from the Insight’s maximum flat land capabilities as well :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1ac4n8om][email protected][/email:1ac4n8om]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts