Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Hi all! My wife and I just learned we will likely be joining the ranks of the long distance commuters (due to an unsolicited company transfer). We will need to add an additional car to the family fleet and are considering an Insight. I have questions, however.

Firstly, is there anyone with some real high mileage experience? I'm looking for someone that may have 100 to 200K miles on the car. What kind of service problems, if any have you run into.

Secondly, we are in a "Low tempature, High salt use" area and I'm concerned about the effects of both these environmental realities.

Thirdly, should you ever have to replace the battery pack, how many pesos are we talking about?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS: Should we buy one, it's just got to be the blue...

·
Registered
211 Posts
HI

I can't answer all of your questions, but I don't think the battery pack is a concern at all. I haven't read about them failing, and even if they did, they are covered for 8 years or 100,000 miles, I believe. One salesman told me that Honda has just raised that to 10 years or 150,000 miles, but I haven't seen anything else confirming that.

Anyway, to answer your question, there is a figure, I believe in the FAQ on this site, of around $1,200 U.S.

I haven't heard about salt or cold being a problem. The only thing I've read in that regard is that the body is aluminum and thus won't rust.

There are some people with over 100,000 miles, but not a lot from what I've read and seen. But I haven't seen anything to say they've experienced problems.

I just got mine. I really like it, and have had good luck with Honda.

·
Registered
90 Posts
winters

I've got 30K on mine and this is my second winter with the car. I believe what Insighter said is correct. I wanted to add that the cold weather really puts a downer on your milelage. Normally I would get about 50-70 MPG but in winter I'm getting about 35-55 MPG. Add the fact that I put winter tires on this year which also has an effect on mileage.

If you're driving long distances this car is it. Add Honda quality and you have nothing to worry about. The blue is sweet. It was a toss up for me but I ended up going for the grey.

Ron

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can answer on the battery issue MIZR just had to have his battery replaced at 60000 miles and it wasn't a quick death to the pack but gradual over about the prior 10000 miles. To date this is the only "true" problme I have suffered with My 2000 Insight and just purchased a 2001 for wife and daughter that is how much i love My car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ecfool

I hadn't heard anyone state that. Did you and MIZR both get your batteries replaced under the warranty with no hassle? How many miles did yours go?

Any idea on why either set gave out when so many others haven't?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts