Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to get my salvage Insight patched up and on the road (mostly replacement parts) and was wondering if anyone has a comment on the CD version of the shop repair manual.

Looking for torques, exploded diagrams and the like, as well as which of the many bolts are of the coated variety. Also interested (as an auto engineer) about more of the workings of this car.

John

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If it's the same one I have I've determined with a few others help that the only thing the cd lacks is the electrical trouble shooting part when compared to the three printed service manuals. Beware, they are probably selling a burned copy of the disk.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the original service manual (p/n 6cds3y00b) bought from Honda for $200 :shock:, and for $25 a original Honda Insight parts list from ebay.
I bought it cause I am the only one in this country with an Insight and I can't get sevice just like that here at a Honda dealer (due to the closing of a lot of Honda dealers, I have to get my own info). I take the manual with me, in case of a problem, for fast trouble shooting. The only thing I need is software and a cable to my computer, to "read" the car.
For so far I didn't need the sevice manual yet........waste of money?
No I drive this car into my afterlife... :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Rick said:
...the cd lacks is the electrical trouble shooting part when compared to the three printed service manuals.
Hey Rick,
Is it verry differend, cd vs printed manual ?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
No not reall, the info is all the same and still there. Sometimes one or the other can be faster though. Finding trouble codes in the ESM can sometimes be more difficult, but the search function makes other things faster. At least this is my understanding, I only have the ESM.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's just my opinion, but...

I recommend that you do not buy the CD for the simple reason that by buying it you will be rewarding someone for breaking the law.

·
Registered
295 Posts
flunkysama said:

I recommend that you do not buy the CD for the simple reason that by buying it you will be rewarding someone for breaking the law.
Hey flunkysama,
Can you explain that ?

Cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yo, windmill !!
You paid 200 bucks for the aforementioned shop-manual ???

I paid around 25 Euros for it at ebay.de some time ago :roll:

Which version is it ?
Mine is Version 1.1.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey No:166,
I have also the 1.1 version, but the thing is that a copy fade away, due to it is getting older, and my cd is a original. I already lost some copied cd's.
I just do not trust copies, and an original won't fade. I know people who have lost there wedding pics/video on a copy.
Qaulity of cd's (selfmade) is not that great.

Cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
I sent an email to the guy selling the cd on ebay asking him if it was original or a burned copy. No response = burned copy. If you want the cd, buy the real thing.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Jim said:
= burned copy. If you want the cd, buy the real thing.
Of course every body gets a copy, it is just for $25 right ? 8) 8)

Cheers :wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
windmill said:
flunkysama said:

Hey flunkysama,
Can you explain that ?

Cheers
I would say that the odds are about 99.9% that the person selling the CD does not have honda's blessings. The Service Manuals are copyrighted, not public domain. Making a copy of copyrighted material and selling them without the copyright owners premission is commonly known as pirating. If you buy that CD off ebay, your money will profit someone doing something illegal, somewhat commonplace but still illegal.

In this and other threads about CDrom manuals people have been dancing around this issue (i.e. "Is it a burned copy?"). For all the newbies, I just want this out front.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I dunno who started this "copy business" now.
But what I can say is, that it's an ORIGINAL HONDA CD-Rom.

I'm sick of mp3s and downloadable everything......

As further hobbies I collect video-games (CDTV, CD32, Dreamcast, PS-2 and X-Box / look at my signature) and like to listen to music (vinyl and CD).
My turntable is over 30 years old and my CD-player is a 21-year old Sony CDP-101 (1st available CD-player ever)
Everything HAS to be original (preferably in it's box)
:D

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi,

I do not know what the guy sells (copy or original) but looking at what he sold previously (item # from the buyers feedback), the guy sells cdrom user manuals for every type of car and trucks.

Gentlemen prefer originals

·
Registered
295 Posts
No. 166 said:
But what I can say is, that it's an ORIGINAL HONDA CD
Hey No:166,
Is your cd-rom also in a original non-copied cd case ? If it is, you have a verry cheap original manual :shock: and then I am @#$%&, with the 200 euro I paid :evil: at the Honda dealer !!

Cheers

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes, it's in it's ORIGINAL case and with it's Booklet (front red with black stripe) and installation and users manual.
On the back cover there is a green Insight with the text: "produced by CKL technical services"
You'll see everything in June anyhow.
:wink:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh Yes, can't wait either !!!!
In my restless dreams I see...... more Insights together !!!

Cheers/ auf wiedersehen or auf wiederschnitsel (what the Dutch always say) :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
** rofl **
:lol:

If interested I'll bring FURTHER Honda material (air cooled 1300, CVCC...)

Ooooops. Back to topic. :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts