Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread is for people to discuss hotel options including sharing a room for InsightFest 2015 -Summer Camp Edition

EDIT 7/28 for late planners.
Most of the original options are all booked. I put status next to the ones I checked.
One not on the original list came to my attention from some of th guys.
Gelvin said, "There are at least six of us staying at the Comfort Inn in Deforest WI, about 20 miles east of the meet site. It's just off the interstate.
Address:
5025 County Hwy V
Deforest, WI
1-608-846-9100"
I contacted them 7/28 and confirmed they still have some rooms for Friday and/or Saturday.
Status: No Vacancy Saturday. Occasionally cancellations occur.
Cedarberry Inn
855 Phillips Ave. (Hwy 12), Sauk City, WI

Also RusselC said he is at "Hilton Garden Inn in Middleton, WI, which is about 16 miles away"

Status: SOLD OUT. But occasionally rooms become available if there are cancellations.
Cedarberry Inn
608-643-6625
Cedarberry Inn, Sauk City WI
Various rooms and suites available approximately $100 and up.

There are other older/smaller motels in the area as well. Cedarberry is the largest/newest. Has a pool and expanded continental breakfast.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Other smaller Motels
Skyview Motel Skyview Motel 1-888-643-4344 Status: No Vacancy Saturday. Some 2 bed rooms Friday
Gansers Motel Ganser's Motel 608-643-8551 Status: As of noon Wednesday 7/29 still has a room available for Fiday/Saturday with 2 beds.
Each are on opposite ends outside of town. 3.5 miles and 1.5 miles, respectively.

Bel Aire Motel Bel Aire Motel 608-795-2806 Status:No vacancy Saturday. Some 1 Qn bed Friday
This is in Mazomanie, about 10 miles away.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Are there any campgrounds that accept tents in the area?
Yes, Lake Farm Park, a county park I believe in Madison, accepts tent campers. I stayed there 3-4 years back. It is very nice, complete with showers, toilets and fresh water. I may stay there myself since it is a nice time of year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good, if four or more people would like to camp there we can get the group camp and save some money.

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
"what did you say".....Ears still ringing from the PIZZA.
Glad to see you made it home.
Willie

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Ok guys sorry I was late to reply.
There are some tent sites.
I am even trying to possibly work out something possibly onsite or a block away from Park Hall.
I'll report back soon.
Sounds great, but remember that a tenter needs shower, toilets and fresh water:)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Lake Farm is 30 miles away from Park Hall. (35 minutes)

Devils Lake State Park is half that, at only 15 miles away.
Status: Devils Lake is an EXTREMELY popular park. Only walk up sites available. Not reserveable.

Merry Mac's Campground is even closer, at 10 miles away.

An alternate camp site that is 25 miles to the West of Sauk City is White Mound County Park

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
Truck stops close by?
Yes they have showers, bathrooms, and some even have beds.

Willie

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Within 2 miles of Park Hall is the VFW Campgrounds, which is right on the Wisconsin River.
Problem is... no showers. So I was not sure about whether or not to mention it.
So even though it is a good deal and really close, I'm not sure what to do about that.
Although I suppose you could jump in the river!

Park Hall has bathrooms and sink, but that doesn't equal a shower.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Motel Camping...

Within 2 miles of Park Hall is the VFW Campgrounds, which is right on the Wisconsin River.
Problem is... no showers. So I was not sure about whether or not to mention it.
So even though it is a good deal and really close, I'm not sure what to do about that.
Although I suppose you could jump in the river!

Park Hall has bathrooms and sink, but that doesn't equal a shower.
I'm up for "motel camping". If anyone's interested in splitting a room with a non-smoker and non-snorer ;) let me know. My best camping days are behind me. Nearly got blown out of my tent by the winds in the Badlands last time I camped out West!

Ray

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
I'm up for "motel camping". If anyone's interested in splitting a room with a non-smoker and non-snorer ;) let me know. My best camping days are behind me. Nearly got blown out of my tent by the winds in the Badlands last time I camped out West!

Ray
PM sent Ray.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I thought with 15 rooms at the Cedarberry Inn (with 2 taken) that I had plenty of time to book. Looks like we lost our block of rooms and the hotel is sold out except for one 'whirlpool king'. Since I will be with Scott that ain't gonna work. Not gonna camp so are there others staying at a hotel in the area? Recommendations needed ASAP.
Thanks
Gerald

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I thought with 15 rooms at the Cedarberry Inn (with 2 taken) that I had plenty of time to book. Looks like we lost our block of rooms and the hotel is sold out except for one 'whirlpool king'. Since I will be with Scott that ain't gonna work. Not gonna camp so are there others staying at a hotel in the area? Recommendations needed ASAP.
Thanks
Gerald
Gerald, Bob from PA and I are booked at another motel close by that Bob picked. Drop him a line. MountainDriver is his handle here at IC I believe.

Ray

1 - 20 of 23 Posts