Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone's mentioned this before, but I'm just sitting here waiting for batteries to charge and thought I'd share...

A lot of debris, dirt, leaves, etc. collects behind the front wheel well fender liners. I wish I took a pict of the crap packed into mine, when it was still packed in there. Instead I took a pict of the bucket full of stuff. The other side was worse. All in all, it weighed about 4 lbs per side. It was pretty much packed up to the door hinge hole...

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, so this is an obvious design flaw. Has anyone here tried blocking the top of the fender where it meets the windshield wiper area with the goal of preventing debris accumulation behind the wheel well liner?
I'm not so sure we could call this a design flaw. The water that runs off the windshield, etc. needs to go somewhere, and it's bound to contain debris. Over time that would accumulate - somewhere. So, if you say put a screen over areas where water flows behind the fender at the top, debris would accumulate there. If you didn't check that periodically and clean it, water would back up there - at a position higher than the fender well area, which would probably be worse. It's probably best that debris accumulates as low as possible, and that any water that backs up as a consequence does so as low as possible...

If anything were to be done - like at the design level to prevent this, it'd probably be a slope at the bottom of the fender well and bigger drainage there, I guess... In that picture above you can see there's like a shelf at the bottom - that should probably be sloped or sloped more (can't tell if it has a slope or not from pic), if it could be...

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,568 Posts
How about not parking under trees in the autumn?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts