Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I recently started running my insight from shell v-power gas, I also changed the air filter (still stock).
Well the insight really feels more "peppy", I am not sure which made the biggest difference or just a combination of the two, I also noticed a very slight hesitation before I started using the shell, but now its gone.
I remember reading somewhere that shell v-power has a lot more detergent in it and its good for helping clean out an engine with some coking, anyone else try this, I think I will keep on using it for now.

Chris

·
Registered
237 Posts
I tried the V-power for two tanks. I went back to Chevron. The car performs much better with the Chevron Supreme. Mileage, performance (acceleration), start-ups and idle. I have tried additives and everything and Chevron Supreme is the best.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
The Texaco on the corner near me converted to a circle K, then to a Shell within a couple of months. I did a little research and it turns out Shell gas is probably the best for the mere fact that Shell's gas in my area is 30ppm sulfur where most other stations are in the 200 to 300 ppm range. 30ppm is the california "clean gas" standard. So from this I'm using Shell from now on. I have not however noticed any power difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think V-power is only the high octane stuff

The regular and super is just normal gas at shell, I think only the super premium high octane gas has all the additives that help clean your engine and give it a little extra "pep"

chris

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just switched

I switched to V-Power and noticed a little difference in performance, but nothing grand. My mileage went up to but I think it had more to do with my driving then anything. I just got my insight 3,500 miles (a month) ago and I'm still trying to get my technique down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts