Honda Insight Forum banner

She's broken :(

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Rick Reece 
Went in to replace the windshield, Honda wanted around 570 for just the glass so I went to a shop nearby that said they could do it for 220. Came back an hour later and the broken windshield was still there. They ran into the clips and decided that they beter have the replacements on hand when they take it out. Anyway the clips are bbing overnighted so either I will have it replaced tomorrow or next Saturday.
The best part was that they had looked at the FCD when it was in the garage and wanted to know more about the car. It was about a 30 min discussion. From the conversation I guess it is family owned and operated and I think they all want hybrids now.

I got the car back from the Windshield repair today. This afternoon I decided to clean it up a bit and was horrified by the replacement work. I don't think they have a clue as to how the molding is supposed to fit. On the drivers side it is sticking up at least a 1/2 inch above the roof line. In the bottom corners of the windshield the parts are out of alignment with the door and front fender. It appears that the side moldings have a channel that the glass is supposed to fit into. The side molding instead is sitting on top of the glass. Does anyone know if the moldings can be put back on correctly once the windshield adhesive has curred. Thanks, Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.