Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 is in the shop as of Wed to fix the oil consumption issue. Should have her back by this coming weekend. Fingers crossed, wish me luck!

And for anyone who does have the oil consumption issue that plagues 2012 models, I documented my issue with cell phone pics of the dipstick and dash, mileage, all time-date stamped and showing av mileage as well. Then emailed them to my local shop, so as to leave no doubt of evidence. I cant wait to get "Evie" back again.

·
Registered
831 Posts
What did they do to your Insight to fix the oil consumption problem... just the compression rings?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thanks. Good to know stuff like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently took mine to my local Honda garage since it used a quart and a half in 600 miles. They changed ONLY the rings on my car and the head gasket. It took them two attempts at the head gasket since it leaked oil down the back of the engine after they did it the first time. I now have my car back and it smell like coolant constantly and I had to put half a gallon in it. They compression tested the coolant system and tell me that its fine and to keep an eye on it.

Should I complain and have them redo the complete service to the detail of the service bulletin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would contact the service manager and tell him/her your next call is to American Honda.
Actually, posted this and then called Honda America Customer Service's 800 number. They told me the service bulletin should have been followed and if not to contact the dealership. I then sent an email reply to their email they send out following service asking for feedback. This appears to be directed to a "Service Concierge" but my description and requests in the message body should lead it to the proper individual. I've also reached out to a much larger Honda dealership (though another hour away from me) but I haven't heard back from them yet since I got a voicemail.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad I'm not crazy to expect if they took the time to create a service bulletin that it be followed by the garage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts