Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is old hat now but ..........

Has anyone got any drawings of a shoebox type sub enclosure for the Insight??????

I would buy the proper job but carrage from USA is massive.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Not to try and discourage you, but I did myself attempt to make my own shoe box type box. I realized just how intricate those boxes are and after cutting about 4 pieces and not getting one right I gave up. Having seen one of the real ones in person, they're so intricate they almost have to be made by a machine, which the real ones are.

That said I can't seem to find it right now, but someone did make their own on the Yahoo group a while back.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Rick said:
Not to try and discourage you, but I did myself attempt to make my own shoe box type box. I realized just how intricate those boxes are and after cutting about 4 pieces and not getting one right I gave up. Having seen one of the real ones in person, they're so intricate they almost have to be made by a machine, which the real ones are.
Ditto Rick,

I have a hard copy of the prints somewhere. I started to build one as well.
Previously, I owned a cabinet shop. I got the prints out a couple of months ago, studied them, then emailed Wayland. He had two left so I purchased one. It was EASY to install.

I have a friend that sells vintage 70's stereo equipment on eBay. He ships all over the world. I called him this afternoon.
He said to ship United States Postal Service http://www.usps.com 4-6 week surface delivery for the best rate to the U.K.
He recently shipped a 50lb. amp and it was between 60 & 70 dollars.

I just looked at my shipping invoice and the shoebox weighed 16.3 lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts