Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just jacked up one side of car to check brake pads and noticed that the front wheel can be moved fairly easily by hand but doesn't spin round I.E it will move half a turn then stop.
I'm hoping this is normal as it's a front wheel drive so the resistance of the drive shafts stop it from spinning freely and not a sign of stuck callipers.
Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Possibly normal, possibly a seized caliper which is fairly common. I had two seized calipers on mine when I got it. One unseized with a few bangs on the rotor and some carb cleaner. The other one I had to machine/file slightly in order to even fit the new pads I bought. In neutral the wheel should spin close to a full turn with one twist, mine would stop instantly and get hot to the touch after a drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
The fronts do not spin freely as that are turning the axels and differential in the transmission.

Scott

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
Is this a gen 1 or 2 insight? Dosent make any difference, just want to make sure its in the right area.

Thats normal for a front wheel drive car with the tranny in park and other drive wheel on ground. If you jack up both wheels the other will spin reverse direction. If you are in neutral then it would spin freely.

Typically a stuck brake will pull to the opposite side when you hit the brakes from it, then when you go you will pull to the side of the stuck brake and smell it for a few miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts