Honda Insight Forum banner

Should I look into recalls?

4572 5
Since I just got my 2001 Insight I don't have the maintenance record for it. The Honda Owners site says "There are no current safety recalls for your 2001 Honda Insight" when I put in my VIN. Should I trust the site, or should I call a local dealer and have them check? I'll need to talk to one eventually anyway, didn't get the car locally or from a Honda dealership.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
sajego,
I bought my Insight used as you did. Fortunately my service records were very impressive and complete. I highly recommend calling a local dealership and ask them to run a check on your VIN for recalls (past and present). I just called my dealer to ask about recalls and boy am I glad, my Insight is due an ECM update!! :)
BTW, thanks goes to benjamin for the suggestion that my ECM might need to be replaced!
~Martin
2000 Silver 5 spd

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ok I'm an idiot

What exactly is ECM? And why would it need "updating" and/or replacing? Should my car ever need this done? It's a new '03 insight. I thought ECM was the battery system behind the driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.