Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
|Anyone else had a problem with the seal at the back edge of the front side window rucking up?

It almost looks like it is grabbing as the window is wound up & distoting the seal into a series of riges where it seals against the glass.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought mine used, and that was one of the items on the punch list which the dealer fixed before I took delivery. The rubber seating around the window had gotten caught when the window was rolled up, and was pulled completely out of its slot. They replaced it, and I haven't had any other problems with it in the three months I've had it.

MF

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It's a common problem unfortunately. The dealerships in the US anyways have a Tech Service Bulliten in the computer system all about the run channel bunching up and also the regulator burning up. A little lubrication from time to time (preferably with Shin Etsu silicon grease) will go a long way to prevent this from happening. I hope you've got some warranty left because the repairs otherwise would not be cheap. You will need a new window run channel.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Cool, the Honda warranties do cover window moldings thankfully too. While your there see if they'll lube both run channels with shin etsu grease in the process.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I had both my door rubber moldings replaced because they cracked and exposed the metal clips inside. Also the driver's outside window rubber seal seemed to gunk up, so they replaced that also.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yes it is a known issue, there's a tech service bulliten on it. Same problem with the S2000. I dug around the S2000 forums, they say occasionally lubricating the run channels with a silicon grease (specifically shin etsu) helps prevent it, but sometimes it is inevitable that it will happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
side window rubber

Where does one find this shin etsu grease?
The dealer I suppose?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Yep dealership. You may have to look around to find it. Some won't carry it due to hasmat I think. The warning is kinda long on the tube, just wear gloves. Honda part number 08798-9013. You can get it through H parts as well. Their site is under construction right now otherwise I'd make sure that was correct. A tube is a bit pricey, around $14 I think, but trust me worth it. And you use only a tiny bit at a time, it's worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts