Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
The people in my area are messed up in the head. They will sit at a green light and go through a yellow or red. I am the guy who stops on yellow, but we are very few in my area. At times I think people regard the light as only a suggestion vs a subsitite for law enforcement.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
In NYC, the Avenue lights are timed at 35 IIRC. When I was driving a cab (1970's), at night with little traffic, you could go from way uptown, 96th St, down to 14th St without stopping, unless you got a fare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the biggest growth opportunities for location based services lies within the automotive market. SignalGuru is another smart technology to contribute to this movement.

Everyone loves driving down the main strip hitting all green lights. I learned at a very young age stop lights are timed, and if you manage your speed you’ll enjoy a sea of green. I also remember wanting to build some kind of device that would either help you learn the timing – or better yet – simply jam all of the lights as if I was in a futuristic movie.

·
Registered
386 Posts
it's correct it's times for better traffic flow, best to memorize the light in your city, I would say if it's generally its all green or all red in long lanes until it hit another multi intersection ( more than 2 lanes intersecting, and that is stage so if it's green you can beat all light to the multi intersection, at what part of the green your in? Look at the walk or don't walk signal I get my cue from there, you can see it far ahead to stop or gas and coast on. It will alway flash the count down, you may or not make that light depend if you seen it start flashing, gas it then you do, then the next light next block is no rush red. Basically if no cars are are ahead as you leave the stop lite gas it till you can coast to the next stop light, so you used 10-15% traveled on gas, if clear? Gas its again enough to coast to another stoplight. Using above. But impossible during rush hour.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I am the guy who stops on yellow, but we are very few in my area
I hope so. I'm the guy behind you uttering a litany of four-letter words in a tide of rightful indignation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
check out ampelmeter.
it has the same objectives but works a little different.
the mean diff is it doesn't need that much users because clients communicate over servers and the distance range is up to 2 km, so you have enough time to adjust your speed

Ampelmeter Home - Ampelmeter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts