Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My '01 snapped its camshaft, and with the host of other issues it has (foremost in my mind, the seat mounts are swiss cheese), I think it's done for.
No IMA battery.
Clearcoat pretty much gone.
missing trim piece above driver door. Didn't leak when I had duct tape over the holes, but that recently fell apart so the inside is really damp. Car has a cover on it now.

It's in Everett, WA. If you want the whole car, make me an offer. Otherwise I'll try to start parting it out in a week or so.

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Plant

Vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Plant

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Plant Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Plant Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Engine-Off-Coast
Salt is the worst. But you can fix those seat mounts. I had to do it on my Canadian Insight.

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas

Bumper Gas Machine Automotive exterior Metal

Automotive exterior Wood Gas Composite material Auto part

All you need is as drill, some sheet metal shears or tin snips, and a hand riveter. The aluminum used there is like 1/16" thick.

IC user @rhall who sold me the car also suggested taking yogurt container lids and cutting little squares out of them and drilling holes in the centre and using them as spacers between the seat mount and the bottom of the seat. The salt from your boots corrodes the paint on the bottom of the seat rails and the aluminum, but the corrosion gets really bad when the seat rail becomes exposed rusted steel directly touching the aluminum. The spacers help prevent that in the future. You can also use POR15 on the bottom of the seat rails if you clean up the rusty spots with a wire brush first.

The carpet in that car was totally messed up too like in the driver's footwell, so I replaced that too and did a write-up:

Registered
2000 Silverstone G1- 200k miles
My '01 snapped its camshaft, and with the host of other issues it has (foremost in my mind, the seat mounts are swiss cheese), I think it's done for. No IMA battery.

Want to claim a part or twenty?

It's in Everett, WA. If you want the whole car let me know as well.
Would you be willing to ship parts?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I may, how many miles before the cam let go?
Close to 320k, but this is actually the second cylinder head. It was replaced less than 10,000 miles ago because the timing chain sprocket broke in a very similar incident. I'm pretty sure both times were precipitated by running low on oil.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got two people interested in the whole car, will get back to people on parts if that doesn't go through.

Reactions: multivac

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still available. Updated first post with pictures. If you can come get it, you can have it cheap!

Reactions: derekalcantar21
1 - 16 of 16 Posts