Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
I think so. Do you know if I'll still be able to open the hatch manually after removing it, haha?
For the record, YES. After removing the actuator assembly (74840-S3Y-003), you separate the electric part from the mechanical part, like so:
Font Auto part Handgun holster Metal Tool

then you can reinstall the mechanical part and still have a working manual hatch release. Easy to see how you could install an aftermarket actuator if you really wanted to as well

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,107 Posts
bradleyb:
The requested page could not be found on your link.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
To take it off, you have to break the tabs and replace them, unless you mean the part that holds the tab.

Take a knife and go under it and break the tabs inside the pillar
The tabs that hold the mounting clips are in bad shape is what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
@bradleyb your first post says the upper cat is sold. I assume that means that the lower cat is still available? If so, do you know its condition? And how much are you wanting for it? (Shipping would be to 52778.)

Thanks!
Bryan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is the instrument cluster working properly? If so how much are you looking to get for:

-instrument cluster
- upper door seals on both sides sides. Goes around upper frame of door.
-both sides molding assembly or belt molding I believe they call it. It’s that piece that’s like a outer window scraper that attaches to door and keep water from going between window and into door. Shipped to 78254. Thanks man.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts