Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else do it?

I'm taking a couple of weeks off Insight stuff as I'm in a local production of Gilbert & Sullivan's Trial by Jury and rehearsals are getting hectic.

Joined a few local choirs after the move and singing four times a week at the minute.

Anyway for those who are curious here is a short sample piece from Pirates of Penzance.

http://www.solarvan.co.uk/pirates2.mp3

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
Wife and daughter are big singers of the old Appalachian folk songs which of course are Scotch/Irish/English in origin. They go off to seminar in the summer to sing.

My daughter's first complete sentence was "Daddy, don't sing." That is an accurate picture of my talent, but I like to listen:)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I have a southern accent, but try to hide it. I like singing the hooks of popular rap songs when I was at the bank in my accent. :D

Ive been told Im a good folk artist, but it pisses me off I cant draw a straight line or make a photograph quality picture.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I certainly have a love of folk song... I'm afraid, though, that my voice is a little more suited to Dixieland and maybe a little "Vehicle," by Ides of March!
I sing with our Air Force bands here and there... usually for effect. Picture "'Zat You, Santa Claus", by Buster Poindexter... that's pretty much me!
(I like to think I do a pretty decent Saint James Infermary).

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Fine voice Peter. I'm subscribed to your Utube channel and see all the opera pieces you have uploaded. Well, not see like cliking on them, I mean I see that you have uploaded lots of opera scenes.

A favorite of mine is Victoria de los Angeles singing Bachianas Brasileiras

Rush

·
Administrator
10,691 Posts

·
Administrator
10,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
Wonderful music. Maybe we could be a lot more mellow around here is everyone were required to listen to the overture before they could get the forum to open:)

Has the producer considered taking the troupe on tour, say to the U.S. East Coast? Washington and N.Y. both have rather cosmopolitan taste, but of course their production establishment is pretty entrenched.

There is a good repertory, summer stock, and off broadway network which might offer an opening. I'm thinking of Owens Mill (Baltimore), Wolf Trap(Washington D.C.) and the Altria here in Richmond, probably many others.

There is at least one Summer Savoyards company at Binghampton N.Y. where a friend of mine sings. Link:

https://www.summersavoyards.org/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts