Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. GM3 bought me Sirius for my birthday and the install is Saturday. I have done a search and found MANY of threads about where people have routed the antenna, but does anyone have pictures of where they put their controller? I have the Sportster 4 if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'm an XM guy, but I installed my control in the cubby just left of the steering wheel. It's hidden, and when it tips out, very visible (yes, I have to look down, but I don't tend to change my stations that often, so it works fine for me)... ;)

·
Registered
338 Posts
well

I mounted mine with the suction cup up behind the mirror and the set "hangs" just below my rear view mirror.

I like it there....I DO change stations often.
And it shows it off. :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
My new Stiletto 100 is mounted in the center of the dash. I can look at it and the road at the same time. When I'm not listening to Howard Stern, I tend to change stations often, and having the radio in the same line of vision as the traffic ahead of me helps.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
338 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

Is that a STOCK head unit????
Please tell me you replaced the STOCK speakers!
:roll:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I replaced the speakers and added the two behind me.

·
Registered
338 Posts
yeah

The next thing I wanna do is direct connect (no FM modulator).
Not like our cars are made for high end (kinda noisy) but the sound of direct is near CD quality. FM mod sounds like FM, IMHO.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My Sirius is directly connected to my car stereo. It is not the factory stereo obviously. In my glove box is my ipod that connects to my Alpine, and i am a dodo and not familiar with car terms, but the Sirius equiptment is behind the center console (under where the stereo is, etc) and antenna is stuck to the passenger side door with industrial double stick.

·
Registered
33 Posts
satelitte radio installation

GoMarlins3 - I saw you pictures for your Sirius install. I will probably be going XM in the next few months (the SEC moved to XM). How is your radio supported? Do you have the power supply support that plugs into the power supply port or a more permanent mounting?

Has anyone tried the support system that utilizes the cup holder?

Any problems with putting the antenna inside at the base of the windshield?

sc2000nst
2000 Silver 5 spd #5490
Coastal South Carolina

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought a car adapter kit at the time of purchase. It comes with this trick little suction cup device that attaches below the radio and above the cup holders. I have three wires (one of them is the power cord) that run from between the cup holder section of the center consol and the lower area below the radio. The are loomed together and it looks ok. I press a channel on my radio and the Sirius comes through the stereo system. I can turn off the Sirius and still get all of my local channels. You will need the FM modulator to have it go through a channel on you radio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts