Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three times now on this forum when clicking a sub forum link, the browser redirected to:
Update Flash Player

^^ Don't click that link!!!

Happened on different machiens each time at work and home.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I got that when I clicked some photos that went to another site. I assumed it was related to another website.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree. The amount of BS that peppers the threads on this website is why I don't frequently visit here looking for information as much as I would like. Its annoying when you're trying to read a post but everytime you accidently scroll over a spam link, it opens some crappy pop up.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Three times now on this forum when clicking a sub forum link, the browser redirected to:

^^ Don't click that link!!!

Happened on different machiens each time at work and home.
Try "Ghostery" to get rid of ads etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
insightcentral's server is infected with a redirect virus. This has nothing to do with adds. Just happened again but this time a different url but still for a fake flash plugin:

Update Flash Player

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I don't have any issues with the site, but I get the linked site any time I go to TPB.

What makes you think it's IC's server?

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Guys, download AdBlock. Fixes the problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, but it doesn't fix the fact that the forum is infected which it still is. It only occurs visiting this site and it does it from any pc or mac at work or home.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Sorka,

Forum is NOT infected. One of the sources of one of the ads is flagged as malicious.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
6,872 Posts
I don't have any issues with the site, but I get the linked site any time I go to TPB.

What makes you think it's IC's server?
What is TPB?

The roll-over links are irritating and have been a standard feature here for a long time. Paying attention and not letting your cursor touch them helps considerably. We in the IC "community" do not own this site and there is little we can do about those. I suspect that they represent a revenue stream for the owners - Autoguide.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
What is TPB?

The roll-over links are irritating and have been a standard feature here for a long time. Paying attention and not letting your cursor touch them helps considerably. We in the IC "community" do not own this site and there is little we can do about those. I suspect that they represent a revenue stream for the owners - Autoguide.
thepiratebay.se (TPB)

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Quick hint: if you don't want to block all ads, but you still want to block those annoying roll over links... just add the intellitxt domain to your windows/mac/linux hosts file aimed at 0.0.0.0. Voila! No more annoying things blocking what you were trying to read.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just occurred again. A site redirect to premiuminternetdownloader.net. Occurred this time from my Galaxy S4(with desktop site checked). Of course if you try to click on it, it won't work or do anything from an android and Google has now flagged that site as a malicious and now blocks it by default.

But the fact remains this site is still serving up the redirects. This is not an ad.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Just occurred again. A site redirect to premiuminternetdownloader.net. Occurred this time from my Galaxy S4(with desktop site checked). Of course if you try to click on it, it won't work or do anything from an android and Google has now flagged that site as a malicious and now blocks it by default.

But the fact remains this site is still serving up the redirects. This is not an ad.
Ads on this site are serving up the redirects. You load the site, you get the ad, you get the redirect.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
What is TPB?

Thepiratebay, great torrenting site. Has saved me thousands on games /movies. And that site is much, much worse then this site when it comes to ads. TPB actually has real popups that will automatically start downloading stuff. Again AdBlock cures this problem.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Thepiratebay, great torrenting site. Has saved me thousands on games /movies. And that site is much, much worse then this site when it comes to ads. TPB actually has real popups that will automatically start downloading stuff. Again AdBlock cures this problem.
TPB Servers raided by Swedish law enforcement Tuesday :(

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
As Lisa said on an episode of the Simpsons, by blocking or fast forwarding through the ads, you are stealing. The ads are there to help pay for the service and make it worth while. Why a honda hybrid car site has ads for lipton tea beats me, but at least they got one for a grid charger. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ads on this site are serving up the redirects. You load the site, you get the ad, you get the redirect.
This is not an add. This is a site that serves up a fake flash downloader that says your flash is out of date when it isn't. It doesn't actually download flash but malware that will steal passwords and logins. It will be blocked if you use chrome and some ISPs are blocking it as well. It is notorious and has infected thousands of websites running Word Press and other servers.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Ive seen the fake your system is out of date or needs to be updated windows, but I didnt know where they come from. :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Many users will tear their eyeballs out thinking it is their own system that is infected.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts