Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
That was actually quite interesting, like, it was basically very good ;)

"I'm just sayin " ;);)

How about the nebulous "they", used in so many quotes, or "that's the way we've always done it", or even better: "the book is wrong".

Navy guys like to tell "sea stories", the ones to watch out for start with "this is a no sh#**er" :D

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
:confused: I work with 2 retired Colonials. One uses the Army's Grammar format the other uses the DOD grammar regulation.

Its not that bad except no one can settle on a date format and even the forms that get filled out flip-flop the date format.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Anyone want to post these in list form? I'm not about to give them 7 ad-laden page views from my mobile to see 6 words.

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
Actually, Literally, Basically, Honestly, Obviously, and Like.

Willie

·
Super Moderator
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the list.

actually,
literally,
basically,
honestly,
like,
obviously.

Honestly, the magic is actually in the explanations that basically accompany each word. Maybe you can find a computer with adblocker, but then obviously I don't understand how mobile devices like really work;)

·
Premium Member
9,858 Posts
I think that the main point is that those words are the last one used in a sentence.

Willie

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Thats stealing!!! :confused: They use those ads to help pay for the server and content that is being provided.

Do you guys also skip commercials on tv programs or car radio? :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats stealing!!! :confused: They use those ads to help pay for the server and content that is being provided.
Yeah, I did have that concern. I think it is legally ok to pass a link because that has been tested - I think. I doubt it is legal to copy their content and insert into another site, like our forum. The six words, in themselves, are common English words straight out of Webster. They can't claim the words, but copying their write up might be over the line. I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
4,794 Posts
Do you guys also skip commercials on tv programs or car radio? :cool:
What's a commercial? :) I've had Tivo since it was first introduced. It's the only way to watch TV.

Sam

·
Registered
81 Posts
cooment

This is the list.

actually,
literally,
basically,
honestly,
like,
obviously.

Honestly, the magic is actually in the explanations that basically accompany each word. Maybe you can find a computer with adblocker, but then obviously I don't understand how mobile devices like really work;)
Your post is interesting. Having said this, it is not useful to me after a fashion, that is to say, as it were, so to speak, in any event, FWIW, all things being equal, irregardless.

Buckley

1 - 11 of 11 Posts