Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(CALIFORNIA residents ) Here is the latest new as of 4/15/15
All hybrids will now require emissions testing for transfers, into state transfers and biennial testing(07/17/15).
So as of April 16th if you buy a hybrid it has to pass smog,
And July 17th will require biennial smog.

On the bright side I am sure we will see an influx of people selling hybrids in the next year that won't pass emissions testing.
And I will also imagine that some of our battery vendors will see an increase in demand for batteries.

Here it is from the source:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/f1821b77-aa92-473a-bb88-73b18de7ef13/15vin08.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
*maybe a Moderator can edit the title of this thread to say in all hybrids in CA (california )*

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Depending on how it goes with my custom exhaust and turbo install, I was thinking about making replacement primary catalytic converter assemblies for people using universal cats. In theory I should be able to make something of decent quality for $200-300, but I wouldn't know for sure how well they would hold up over time until people tried them. Also, I'm not sure there would be a way for me to legally sale them to people in CA.

It is known to the state of California that installing a catalytic converter on a car without the correct part number stamped on the side may cause cancer and, in extreme cases, may rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts