Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that we're officially in December--- I was wondering what others use to safely remove snow (other than their hands and arms) from their Insights. I use a "sno brum" (retail) sometimes called "sno pro" ( commercial). Apparently, it's what many car dealerships use on their lots. It's made out of lightweight polyethylene foam and measures 6" x 17" with a telescoping pole that extends from 27"-46". I paid $19.95 at:
http://www.angelguardproducts.com/retai ... nobrum.htm
Perhaps you can even find them at Wal-Mart or auto stores.

It hasn't scratched my car at all. It's especially helpful when there is LOTS of snow piled up because you can easily push it off in neat huge chunks.

Murasaki

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I use a lightweight $1.97 snow brush with wooden handle and plastic ice scraper on the end of the handle. I prefer it over my $8 snow brush.
The plastic brushes don't scratch the paint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I use one of those el cheapo Walmart snow brush/scrapers. It's probably the same one Guillermo uses because it set me back the whopping sum of about $1.97. It works just fine and because of the wax on the finish the snow comes off with very little effort.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just a regular brush/scraper deal. S'got a brush on one end and a scraper on the other. About 3 feet long, can reach almost the entire way across the windshield. I let the wind do the rest (ack hypermilers, i dont care).

I also grabbed a small telescoping plastic shovel from Home Depot for 10 bucks. if it were 3 inches shorter it'd stow in the bin, or mines too full. Perfect for getting rid of the snow that the plows love to pile up on Insights. If theres an interest I can get more details

1 - 5 of 5 Posts