Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I have to agree, I was quite suprised with the car the first time I went up a big hill. The only thing is don't listen to the car if your on anything of a decently long hill. If you do you'll deplete the battery before you get to the worst part of the climb and be stuck wiht just the engine. I did this once and only once, then I learned. Actually recently I drove from phoenix up I-17 to junction 69 (cordes junction to prescott for anyone who knows the area). I had been cruising at about 80 most of the way there and a civic pass me at probably 85. Well a few minutes later I hit the hill and guess what was lugging up it in the right lane as I passed on the left. I did catch a glimse of the drivers face, priceless indeed. I then hit full assist and pulled away.

I think the trick though for mountains is to know what your climbing and save the battery for when you'll need it. I can get up that hill, which isn't all that long, using less than half of the battery charge. The only complaint I can say I've had in hills was going up that hill when I got a thermal recalibration, not fun. A turbo might have come in useful right about then. All well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.