1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly,
IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK
in the gen 1 saddle.

You probably don't remember me. I was only here for like, 5 minutes before I sold my car. TLDR: Found a nice MCBP 2002 that had been infested with mice. Disassembled, cleaned it up, evicted the mice, but they found their way back. The thought of having to repeat this process every few months was more than I could handle. Sold the car to a friend and decided i'd find another.

(Backstory on the car:)

Then gas went nuts. And the pricing and availability on these cars followed. So much for my plan.
Head Bird Eye Owl Beak

It seemed like it just wasn't going to happen for me. I wasn't willing to spend a fortune on a super clean gen1 but even spending 4 or 5x what I originally bought my car for was going to yield kind of a turd that would likely need a sizeable time/money investment.

And then my friend decided he couldn't take the car with him when he moved as he'd originally planned, and he offered it back to me for the same price. My wife and I were worried about mouse presence but for what I paid for this thing (again) combined with the current market reality check I received, I have new resolve to battle the mice as needed.

But since it moved to my friend's house, they haven't seen any mice! Just before selling it, I partially disassembled the interior, cleaned, and then drowned it in peppermint oil. Also, they had a pretty badass outdoor cat so maybe that was a factor.

The car also needed a new ISB and given the age I figured I'd just get a trans from Scott...but then I sold.it. My friend decided to just replace the ISB. I got to lend him a hand with that job; trans was pretty clean inside!

So what can I tell you? If you have a reasonably solid car, don't sell it. The market may be starting to soften but these last 3 months of searching, man, it was wild. Glad to be on the other side of that!

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a great story! Sounds like selling to your friend and buying back worked to your advantage! Everything happens for a reason, and now you can appreciate your car more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts