Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys. It's really, really, really good. Scary good. Incredibly good.

The acceleration is just batshit. And silent.

And the car at freeway speeds is dead silent. Whisper silent.

The response /ride was pretty crisp, not sports car, but definitely 335/tuned BMWish.

The handling... well.. I was carving canyons near malibu with it, and yeah, you could feel the mass when the car got light, but it's REALLY good.

The sound system was epic.

The touch screen with live traffic updates is insane, and huge, and large enough where the passenger and driver can use it at the same time. It's glorious.

The lack of buttons was honestly really incredible, I got in a Mazda 6 the next day and it just felt so horribly outdated; making noise, shaking around, having buttons all over the place.

Cannot believe how good this car was. Still blown away. Still thinking about it.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Where did you rent it from?

I've been wanting to test drive one myself.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turo, it's like Air BnB for cars.

·
Super Moderator
4,694 Posts
I agree. Done.

Sam

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, where it will go to die. Got it.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Or, you know, the appropriate subforum for it...

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Bolt vs Model 3

'Every Day Driver' latest episode compared these two Electric cars and both hosts picked the Chevrolet Bolt as the winner.

They did like the Model 3 as almost a $60,000 vehicle and said it should be compared to a luxury car in the same price range. Plus, you can't buy one walking into a Tesla dealership. The test car was ordered two years ago with a $1,000 deposit. Tesla has yet to produce the $35,000 Base version. Whereas, you can walk into a Chevy dealership and buy a $35,000 Bolt. That was their conclusion.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I haven't been in a Model 3 yet but the lack of a few essential buttons in other cars is a big negative for me. I'm a strong proponent of minimalism and clean, simple, uncluttered designs, but I don't like going through navigation menus to do something simple while driving.

·
3,641 Posts
@Add, just for reference, what other BHEVs have you driven before? Or was this your first?

·
Premium Member
9,685 Posts
Another INSIGHT will be landing on MARS around noon today, Reckon it is a G1.

Live feed here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
Willie Williford
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing