Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Reduced $1,000
Willing to consider having transmission fixed and adding cost of repair. Would like to see this car hit 300,000
Grey
5SPD
Southwestern Indiana
IMA was refurbished from bumblebee about 1 year ago, estimated 60k miles of use. Vehicle also has a Hybrid Revolt Grid Charger harness installed and an ima bypass switch. I AM NOT INCLUDING THE HYBRID GRID CHARGER. The battery has tripped an IMA light but will typically last about 1k miles. Running the A/C trips this sooner. I have been slow discharging and charging back up each time it trips the IMA light.

Transmission is in rough shape and should be replaced soon. 1st and 2nd grind a little bit and it will pop out of fifth gear as the vehicle slows down. This is from bearings going toast.

Interior- has a cracked dashboard above the steering wheel. Some of the carpet on the drivers side has torn a little bit.

Exterior- Drivers side door handle is broken. I have a replacement handle that I will include. I have both wings but the passenger side keeps popping out. Will need some work to be reattached on the passenger side.
Keyless entry does not work.
Both keys are included

I’ve replaced all O2 sensors due to engine codes and the cats are bad. I’m including replacements cats that I had purchased from another member and never got to installing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Engine-Off-Coast
2,194 Posts
I want to clarify to prospective buyers that the extra switch to the left of the steering wheel above the change drawer is a "Calpod" clutch switch I installed to temporarily turn IMA Assist//Regen off, and is NOT an Arduino IMA sytem bypass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am very interested in test driving your 2000 MT this weekend. This would be my first time in an Insight, but I have researched them extensively on this forum. I am located 3 hours away from Evansville in Central KY. Please PM me with your address so we can work out a time tomorrow or Sunday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts