Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately life got in the way for the last few years, and I'm hoping my once-beloved Insight will make a good project for someone else.
  • Asking Price: $500 / or best offer
  • Year: 2000
  • Color: Red
  • Transmission: 5 speed
  • Current Mileage : ~168k
  • High Voltage Battery Age/Condition: original IMA battery is dead
  • Transmission Condition: Some issues; no pop-outs, but some difficulty shifting
  • Engine or IMA Codes Showing: IMA disconnected, Check Engine lit, not sure of actual codes
  • Interior Condition Summary: Worn but mostly intact
  • Exterior Condition Summary: Worn, decent sized dent behind passenger door, some trim missing
This has been parked for the last few years and only started occasionally; both IMA and starter battery are dead. IMA was grid charged during the last couple of years the car was driven, from the point where I could go a couple of months without an IMA light, but eventually reached the point that the IMA light would come back on within a day of an attempted grid charge. (I should also mention there is no grid charger permanently installed or included in sale.)

Car was parked and then non-opped with California DMV when it became subject to smog test (since IMA light is an automatic fail). I successfully jump-started it last weekend (5/29/21), and it started easily and engine ran smoothly, considering I hadn't attempted to start it since December.

Transmission synchros were starting to act up when I was still driving it, particularly getting hard to shift into first, but it was not actually popping out of gear.

Title is still clean (and in hand), despite the dent behind the passenger's door.

See photos below, and please note: the photos with the leafy tree in the way are most recent (5/29/21), though the car is pretty filthy. The photo of the odometer is also from 5/29/21, and shows the current mileage. The photos with less obstructions are from last December (12/31/20), when I had a chance to rinse the car off.

Please feel free to contact me with questions or if you'd like to arrange to look at it. I'm very open to negotiation with someone who will give it a good home (whether to fix up, or for parts), especially if you can arrange to pick up the car fairly quickly.

Thanks for looking!

Insight side rear.JPG

Insight drivers rear.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there! Couple of questions, if you don't mind.

1. How's the shifting in the lower gears when you double clutch? I hear that makes downshifting a lot easier with these synchro problems.
2. Any chance you can get a reader to see those codes?
3. The old IMA battery still included? I may try a refresh if I'm feeling particularly brave and/or cheap. :)

I'm thinking of buying an G1 Insight to fix up and use for my commute. I'd like to know these things, given I would have to drive quite a while to get to your location.
Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Few questions:
1) Clean title?
2) Preferred payment method?
3) Would next weekend be a good time pick up the car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer the questions posted so far:

It is a clean title, and yes, the original IMA battery is included (still in the car, but disconnected).

As far as the transmission, it's been a couple of years since I've actually driven the car due to the non-op status, but my best recollection is that it was still generally shifting well enough to drive without extensive double clutching, except it was pretty hard to down shift to first without coming to a full stop.

The car is stored with a relative, so I don't have immediate access to do much with it (such as trying to read the codes), and I'm also very busy at the moment. But I can most likely arrange to show it or for a sale any weekend with at least a day or two notice.

Cash would probably be the easiest for payment, but we can discuss other options, if you prefer. Please send me a PM if anyone wants to discuss further details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To answer the questions posted so far:

It is a clean title, and yes, the original IMA battery is included (still in the car, but disconnected).

As far as the transmission, it's been a couple of years since I've actually driven the car due to the non-op status, but my best recollection is that it was still generally shifting well enough to drive without extensive double clutching, except it was pretty hard to down shift to first without coming to a full stop.

The car is stored with a relative, so I don't have immediate access to do much with it (such as trying to read the codes), and I'm also very busy at the moment. But I can most likely arrange to show it or for a sale any weekend with at least a day or two notice.

Cash would probably be the easiest for payment, but we can discuss other options, if you prefer. Please send me a PM if anyone wants to discuss further details.
I cannot PM yet, can you please PM me to discuss. My account is too new.

·
Registered
774 Posts
That was in my backyard! Looks like it went to a good home!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.