Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am giving up on my 2006 Insight as I have too many cars to manage at 70 yrs old. This was listed a year or so ago but my wife objected then and I couldn't sell it. She's now in love with our Volt and says Honda must go.

I bought this car from a friend at 1 year old and 5k miles. It's now at 110k, no body damage, some sun-scorched paint on hood and roof. All driving here in SoCal plus one trip to Phoenix.

We replaced the HV battery about 4.5 years and 20k miles ago with a Bumblebee pack. Recently I have seen a couple IMA lights and decided to switch off the main pack as I don't have a grid charger. But there's got to be life left in the Bumblebee if you know what to do. I don't.

Interior good, stock tires are decent, spare is fine, running gear good. I'm looking for $2500 plus $400 for the never-installed MIMA kit - that goes separately.

We live right near San Diego airport. Fly in, drive it home.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow that is a clean looking car! I would love to buy that one and sell my silver bullet. Let me talk to the wife tonight, but really a looker to me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mike - hope all is well, still waiting on a response to the PM i sent 9/28.

still VERY interested in the whole shebang.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, is this car still on the market? Located in the SD area, interested in taking a look! Will not let me send you a PM for some reason.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry - it lives in Tx now... Mike & his wife could not have been more pleasant to deal with.

Someone posted on here a long time ago, that the optimal number of G1 you can own is 1 more than you currently have... now I need to talk my better half into the next one...

·
Registered
51 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS in your purchase, I got my first Insight with 80k miles and by now it has 250K miles with very little maintenance, you will have many years of excellent reliability!

I understand I was the second option in line to purchase this 06 if you did not buy it, I wanted for my son attending college at Houston. Very interesting coincidences as the car ended at Houston. Again, congratulations in your purchase!

Agustin.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tks! Let me know if your son needs anything whilst here in Houston...

Car is sold, thread locked.

Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.